[IP] Bolus wizard over accounts for still active insulin

My wife and I were at a meeting last week with our MM rep and it was
co-sponsored by the Novo rep here. This came up and they showed us a slide
of the action time of all the insulins including regular, and they were much
longer than what we had read in other places. Novolog and Humulin both have
about 20-25% left at 5 hours. She said that the MM wizard uses a formula
based on these curves, rather than a straight percentage. The lady from Novo
had information showing the same thing. Said it wouldn't be a big deal if
you were only taking a 3 or 4 unit bolus, but could be huge if you were
taking a larger amount. She said they explained it all to them in their
training for the 512.

Bill French
Supervisor, Customer Service
Data-Tronics Corp.