Re: [IP] BK Breakfast meal

In a message dated 10/13/2003 8:04:22 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> I was curious if anyone else has noticed that some of the breakfast meals
> at
> Burger King (and likely others) affect the BGL in odd ways.
> I frequently get a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissant sandwich with hash
> browns
> and a Diet Coke. The carbs advertised in the hash browns is 19 (although,
> this
> can vary greatly because they never have the same amount) and the sandwich
> is
> something like 28. 20 grams of protein.

My one thought is that these items are ALL high in fat (love those hash
 browns though.....). Likely the fat is delaying digestion....so the square wave
 would be the way to go. Could be that you are not going low to begin with as
soda might be actually mixed with a little regular...and if you have ketchup
with those taters, there is sugar in there, so you don't end up low, just high
later. Of course, YMMV.
Tina H.