[IP] BK Breakfast meal

 I was curious if anyone else has noticed that some of the breakfast meals at
Burger King (and likely others) affect the BGL in odd ways.

 I frequently get a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissant sandwich with hash browns
and a Diet Coke. The carbs advertised in the hash browns is 19 (although, this
can vary greatly because they never have the same amount) and the sandwich is
something like 28. 20 grams of protein.

 Anyhow, I give my normal bolus for this, and 3 hours later, my BGL is extremely
high (nearing 300). My first thought was it was the variability in the hash
browns, so I tried just having the sandwich (adjusting my bolus accordingly).
Sure enough...3 hours later, it is still high. I usually have to bolus an
additional 4+ units.

 So, I decided to square wave for the protein. But, this, under normal
circumstances, would only be 1 extra unit (using roughly half of the protein).
Trying this, I still need a 3+ unit bolus 3 hours later. I then tried a
different sandwich...their Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bisquit. Same thing!

 I finally determined that if I give my normal bolus plus a Square wave of about
3 units, my 3-hour post-meal is close to normal.

 So, my question is, has anyone else noticed this type of problem? Perhaps this
is a case of the protein inducing the amino-acid arginine or something similar?
I can't figure out what else could be that variable. There is no way the
croissant could be over double the advertised carb content...it's just not that
big. It is behaving just like pizza...with the exception that, unlike pizza, the
serving size of this sandwich is almost exactly the same everytime.