[IP] re: insurance question

<<Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:17:12 -0600
From: "Laura Shapiro" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] RE: Insurance Question
Faith: From a small business perspective, we are given a list of all the
plans from a certain company (say Blue Cross.) We then select the plan
we want, and the features we want. So we end up selecting a pharmacy
co-pay plan, a physician co-pay plan, and the hospitalization part of
the plan. Usually you also have the choice of HMO or PPO for your
employees. However, each plan you have to choose from has a set DME.
It's already included in the "plan" and there is not an option to change
that particular part of the plan.>>
That does make sense but I wonder if it is true for large corporate
insurance plans?
I just remember reading on the IP list about someone who went to his
company's person who dealt with making the decisions of what is included
in the plan and told them how important DME was to him and why and they
did change it in their policy.  I wish I could remember more of what he
said.  It was written sometime in the last 3 years since I've been on
oh well,
We may just have to get a loan for the rest of the amount when the time

pumping since 08-00