Re: [IP] basal rates and sleeping late

I believe everyone (even non-diabetics) has dawn phenomenon. This is just
 your body preparing itself for your day as you get up and become more active.
occurs at different times and to varying degrees with different people.

I have a very strong dawn phenomenon that begins around 3:00 AM and continues
until around 7:00 AM.  Before the pump, my early morning bg's were always,
always high. Now my basal rate for these hours is much higher than for other

Are you seeing a CDE or an endo to help you set your basal rates?

In a message dated 10/12/03 3:22:06 PM Central Daylight Time,