[IP] insurance question

Hi Pumpers,

I asked my husband to talk to the person at work that is in charge of
how the insurance is laid out for the company every year.  I want him to
request that the DME be increased to $5000/year or even to
unlimited so that it will give us less out of pocket to pay for my next
pump. I know from reading this list that some of you get 100% of all
pump stuff paid.  I also know that it is the company that contracts with
the insurance company in how much they want covered.  I'm not sure how
to word all this. Right now, my husband's company's insurance covers
$2500/year for DME and $2500/year for non-DME (there is a name for that
too but I can't remember
it right now), this is after a $500 deductible for the year.  My husband
wants to know what precedents are out there that show that some
companies cover more and that it is the company that decides what the
insurance will cover. The person in charge of this at his company is out
of the office until Monday but the people in his office are telling my
dh that the insurance company decides what is going to be covered and
how much and they can't do anything about it.

Any info would help,

pumping since 08-00