-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of jhughey
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 8:27 PM
To: email @ redacted

> Also, did they give you a reason as to why your body rejected the kidney
> transplant?  Were you taking all of your meds that you were supposeYou md
> (the anti rejection ones?)

I think I'd be careful in a subtle guilt trip - blame the patient. We have a
young man at my dialysis clinic who had 2 transplants and rejected both.
Something about his body not accepting the foreign objects - allergic to
them. He'll be on dialysis the rest of his life and he's a teenager!

> From what I know of transplants, as long as you are taking your anti
> rejection meds and they gave you a good match, your body shouldn't reject
> the kindney transplant and it should last up to at least 5 years if not
> longer.

I'm not sure how long David said his tx lasted - perhaps it was 5 yrs or
longer. Not all tx's are successful. That's why they are watched so
carefully with monthly labs, etc.

You can use statistics to prove anything that's remotely true - 63% of
people know that.