Re: [IP] Re: Endo stuff>

 I had eye surgery about 3 years ago; when the surgery center nurse called to
give me instructions for the day of surgery, she said that I would have to take
my pump off before the surgery. I told her No, it does not come off for any
reason because I do not have any long-term insulin in my system. I could die
within a short while without my pump; what I can do is reduce the basal rate
since I will be fasting.

 I called my CDE; she met me at the surgery center with some written material
and instructions for the nurses. Then it was okay.

 I also carry medical information with me at all times which says that I am
wearing an insulin pump and that to remove it may cause coma or death.

 In a message dated 10/10/2003 6:41:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, StillLow