Re: [IP] how many can actually remember the day they started pumping?

Since it took almost a year of hard work from first inquiry to actually
pumping, we remember the day very well.  I can even tell you what was
being played in the background as I made the first insertion while at
the children's hospital 'We are Pump Girls in a Pump World' - Minimed
had sent us the cd gratis to help us celebrate.  The nurses had
scrounged up a cd player from another floor so we could play the cd and
everyone stood around as the first insertion was made and I started to
cry.  It was a long time getting there but we have never looked back.
130+ kids now pumping out of the same clinic.

My daughter started pumping at approximately 9:15am, March 17, 1999.  We
celebrate her rebirthday every year on that day.

Mom to Erica, a Canadian Butterfly

www.canadianbutterfly.ca <http://www.canadianbutterfly.ca/>

www.insulin-pumpers.ca <http://www.insulin-pumpers.ca/>

Barb Chafe

Executive Director Insulin Pumpers Canada

Chair, Nova Scotia Division

PO Box 324 Lower Sackville,N.S.

B4C 2T2

email @ redacted