Re: [IP] Re: Endo stuff>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wyldceltic1" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 3:31 PM
Subject: [IP] Re: Endo stuff>

> Well great, I have an appt for a Stress echocardiogram. Oct 28th at 11 am.
> They say I can take all meds as normal, except for insulin until after
> I guess NO ONE READS THE REPORTS....They would otherwise see: INSULIN
> PUMP.... Yeesh!
> Are the doctors getting dumber or is it just me?
> OK, what can I tell these dweebs, please ?
> Jenny Sutherland

I have had several of these and also an angioplasty and stent placement. I
wore my pump with normal basils through out all. No problems. My
cardiologist and the cardiac tech were very familiar with the pump and never
questioned leaving it on and running.

The only one I had a problem with was the clerk admitting me for
authroscopic surgery, and I just kept telling her the pump stayed on. She
was very upset until she checked with the MD. The clerks read from a script
and do not even think about what they are reading.

Take along a snack for midway through the test, as it will be a fasting
test. Last one took about 2.5 hours.
Any questions call me (Garden Grove) 897-2868.