From: "David Farfan"
>>>I just got back from my clinic appt. and I thought everything would go
alright, NOPE!  The doctor starts talking about me getting a pancreas
transplant! >>>

What were the reasons he's talking to you about a panc tx? Ultimately, it is
your body and your choice.

Personally, I don't want a kidney tx (nor panc) and my kidneys have failed
(well, panc failed in 1950). I have 6 heart blockages and do not want to be
sawed open to get them repaired, therefore I do not qualify for tx.

My reasons for rejecting (pardon the intended pun) a tx: anti-rejection
drugs can cause cancer. No guarantee it will work. I have a cyberfriend whom
I met 12/26/02 who had a panc tx and was hospitalized for 30 days with 2
additional surgeries. Then she had to stay nearby the center for an
additional 2 wks due to aftercare and pains. The years of damage caused by
DM do not go away with a new organ. The damage remains and can continue.
Those drugs are very expensive and I went to a tx spt. grp where one lady
said they lost their house, car, and all their furniture due to high

I'm happy pumping. YMMV!

Men are from pluto and women are a little goofy, too ~ Kevin Leman