Re: [IP] MiniMed and new rules every three months

At 07:46 PM 10/9/03, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:
>Does anyone else have problems getting pump supplies from MiniMed? It seems
>like every three months when I need to order supplies there is some new rule
>that in order to send me my supplies they need to contact my doctor. This
>time they told me that they need to fax my doctor for a letter of medical
>  necessity. This is like the fourth time that I ordered supplies. They
> said that
>this is a new rule. It seems like every three months they have a new rule. I
>always have to call back like three times before I finally get my supplies.

Oh, geeze, I forgot.  I was supposed to have my doctor fax a new letter of
medical necessity to them.  Oops.  Guess I'd better contact my doctor and
have that done before I need supplies again.  ;o)  What it is, most
insurance companies require that this information is updated
annually.   Guess they think that maybe next year you won't need the stuff