Re: [IP] MiniMed and new rules every three months

On 9 Oct 2003 at 12:22, Siles <email @ redacted> wrote:

> > > tIt seems like every three months they have a new rule. I
> > > always have to call back like three times before I finally get my
> supplies.
> >
> > This is not a MM rule but an insurance rule which MM has to follow
> > in order for them to be paid.
> > Kathie
> This was one of the reasons I switched from MM for my new pump. Every
> time I called MM I was given a different reason, insurance rule,
> Medicare rule, etc. I now use Logimedic for supplies. Same Medicare,
> same insurance, no new rules. If there is a requirement about 3 month
> verification then they take care of it behind the scenes and do not
> involve me. Another reason for the switch was the rudeness of the MM
> billing dept.
> Siles

 There is a logical reason for them doing this! You could have been Cured!!! ;>P

 If there were any chance of that I would be happy to cooperate, but in the
meantime, I
 received a letter of Medical Necessity in 1998 and there has been no change in
Necessity.   And there WON'T be until there is a Cure!!!      :>p