[IP] Re: simple choice

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, "Cherie" <email @ redacted>

> I tried the set last night on my daughter---it may be my imagination,
> but i
> think the needle/inducer is fatter than the tenders that i usually
> use.  She
> and i both compared the 2 different sets.
> I had a difficult time getting it in

I had a difficult time getting my sample simple choice 'easy' set in,
also -- like a dull needle, although any difference in needle thickness
was not obvious to me visually.   This is based on a sample of 1, but
that's all they gave me.  The part of the set made of stiff plastic
that sits on the skin is quite a bit larger than a sil/tender/comfort,
and the part you squeeze to disconnect (located on the part with the
cannula, not on the part with the tubing, as with the
sil/tender/comfort) sticks out a little.  I am worried that I might
catch it on something, which might possibly break it (the part you
squeeze) off, and then I wouldn't be able to disconnect.  I even wonder
if catching it on something might disconnect it enough to interfere
with insulin flow without my being aware of it.

Did you all get your samples from Logimedix, or was there also another
source?  I had signed up on the web site, as well as at a product fair,
but all I got was 1 set, even though when they called I had explained I
had been reacting to things, but sometimes it did not show up
immediately, so that I wasn't going to be able to tell if I could wear
one with only 1 sample.  The woman said she would try to send more,
and, indeed, the envelope had a lot of stuff in it, but not things that
were useful to me -- 3 reservoirs that fit an MM pump (she had asked
what I use, and I had told her Animas), 2 adapters that seem to be to
adapt the sil serter to fit the easy set, and a whole lot of paper
<gr.>.  If anyone wants them....

Linda Z