RE: [IP] sensitivity factor

 --- On Tue 10/07, Holly < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Holly [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Tue, 7
Oct 2003 18:18:11 -0400Subject: [IP] sensitivity factorcan anyone tell me how to
find my "sensitivity factor"?, or otherwords, to tofigure out how many points
will my BS drop with one unit of insulin? And howdo i figure out how many points
my sugar will rise per carb?right now i useone unit of insulin/14 carbs.....i
correct to 110 by dividing by 90..(so if i was 210, i would subtract 110,
equaling 100, and divide that by90..and that is how much insulin i need to take
to get to my goal of 110..)This was told to me when i got on the pump, but have
never figured out HOWthey came up with that 90......and if i am low, how do i
figure out how manycarbs i need to raise my bs to safe level? Sorry for all the
questions, ithink sometimes i just do as i'm told and never wondered where the
answerscame from... any help would be great...
 And if you don't have the book, here is the best place on the web
http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_control_tips/1800rule.php Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com