From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 4:18 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] sensitivity factor

can anyone tell me how to find my "sensitivity factor"?, or otherwords, to
figure out how many points will my BS drop with one unit of insulin? And how
do i figure out how many points my sugar will rise per carb?right now i use
one unit of insulin/14 carbs.....i correct to 110 by dividing by 90..
(so if i was 210, i would subtract 110, equaling 100, and divide that by
90..and that is how much insulin i need to take to get to my goal of 110..)
This was told to me when i got on the pump, but have never figured out HOW
they came up with that 90......and if i am low, how do i figure out how many
carbs i need to raise my bs to safe level? Sorry for all the questions, i
think sometimes i just do as i'm told and never wondered where the answers
came from... any help would be great...