Re: [IP] hypoglycemia-----death

In a message dated 10/07/2003 9:51:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I would like input on whether or not "overmedicating" with insulin
> would be a reasonable way to 'go".   Recently diagnosed with a terminal
> and bad disease and want to have a 'plan".  Thanks,

I am sure there will be someone who will say I don't know what I am talking
about ,but here goes
    I lost my wife 3 years ago and live alone. I made a mistake with my carb
counting one day and was in a rebounding cycle. I did not wait the 3 hour test
time and added more insulin to bring my self down. Most of you know what it
is like when you become obsessed with low numbers. I went to bed, and fell out
of the middle of a king size bed to the floor. In the process of doing so I
broke my thumb. I woke up at 5 AM on the floor in pain. I was able to check my
BS and it was 54 . I took two tabs of glucose and a nab for the protein (23 g)
+(16g) When I got to the ER I was 350. I can only guess my liver dumped a
 bunch of glucose. I would not be too fast to do what you have on your mind I
talk to the DRS. before doing that. Roger C