From: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 11:01 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] simple choice

Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of the diabetes
community. Please visit:

In a message dated 10/6/03 8:05:20 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has anyone tried the simple-choice sets yet? I got 2 in the mail and i
> really like them..Feels very "secure" on me compared to mini-meds...
> Just wondering if any one else called for their free sample and tried
> them yet...

I got some samples and I LOVE the packaging! Very minimal and easy to pack
for trips (which is what I did). You can fit a lot into your little pumping
supply bag. I will probably get them for travel just because of the minimal

My problem was that it takes two hands to disconnect. I didn't know that
before I inserted my first one -- 2,000 miles from home, while getting ready
to go to a wedding rehersal dinner. I had put the set back on my side, where
I  can't reach with both hands. By the time my husband got back to the room
and could give me a hand (literally) with it, I was panicing big time and
had called a friend and fellow IPer to see if she could go on-line and ask
if anybody had tried them to tell me how to get the end-clip off! LOL

Other than that, they're wonderful! I do tend to put my sets where I only
need one hand to unclip the tubing. I'm a little leery of using sites other
than my tummy, and if I use the front of my tummy, I am always knocking my
sets out for some reason. I prefer my sides.

Jan and ElvisToo