Re: [IP] tax dollars at work again

In a message dated 10/5/2003 6:10:59 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Just haven't looked into the right places. If your with out a job, why not
> Medicaid? That is to help low income. Might take awhile, but it's a start.

I am sorry, but this just makes me laugh. At least where I live, you do not
qualify for medical assistance Medicaid, unless you have less than $300.00
income for the month. Wow, I got $800 this month from unemployment, which
 basically paid the rent, and electricity. But sorry, don't qualify. They
suggested I
try going to the health clinic. I have been using a doctor there for several
years (paying of course), as I happened to like working with her. But, I have
 been denied assistance once again by the clinic, as they base their decision on
what was made, LAST year. Strange, I could finally get one of the good jobs I
have been bucking for, but I would still qualify for assistance NEXT year, if
I live that long, and I tell you with what this world is coming to, I'm not
sure I really want to!
Unfortunately, my best suggestion is to work with your physician on applying
for medication assistance directly from the drug manufacturers. It does take
about 6 weeks to get it all done, approved and get the meds. But this still
doesn't help with those "all of a sudden" prescripts, lab or doctor
visits...(looking at $400.00 + for mine last week).
Anyway, best of luck to all in difficult situations. Try to be creative, and
know that you are NOT alone!
Tina H.