[IP] Pumping and Alcohol

 I *love* beer--IPAs and stouts are my favourites! I was diagnosed three years
ago (I'm 25 now) and have had my pump since August. I've discovered that a beer
*generally* gets a 1-carb bolus. Mixed drinks and the like are a bit more
difficult, but I usually give a margarita 3 carbs, gin and tonic 1.5... it all
depends (of course!). Of course if you're out for a night of drinking, it's a
little more tricky, but it can be done. (But of course no one's supposed to "go
out for a night of drinking", right? ;) )There's a fnatastic book called "The
Dr.'s Guide to fat...." I don't remember the entire name (you can find it at
http://www.calorieking.com) and it has nearly all exchanges for almost any kind
of alcohol you can think of...(and some that I haven't!)

 I'm using the Paradigm 512 and find, if necessary, that the BD Logic meter not
only clips on your belt, but can hold a small cell phone, house key, driver's
license/checkcard/cash in addition to the meter, etc.

Hope this helps!!!