[IP] Re: Profiles & 30 years w/DM / gaining losing and MDI

> Just noticing that a lot of us have had Type I for 30 - 32 years.  Any
> theories on what happened/was going on 30 years ago that may have impacted
> may have pulled all our genetic triggers?  (or am I only noticing the 30 -
> year mark because I'm in that group?

If you go to the homepage (www.insulin-pumprs.org) and click on Members
Only, then put in your ID (e-mail addy you signed up with and the password
*  pumper  * (all lowercase) you can click on the 24,900 club in the Green
Box on the upper right. From there you can see the members who have joined
that club and farther down that page the long-time pumpers as well.

> I am new to insulin and switched within 6 months to the pump after gaining
> 40lbs. Can you tell me what you mean by MCI

MDI = Multiple Daily Injections (3+). I believe the reason for losing weight
is the evening out of the insulin needs as required instead of peaking and
treating. Each time a hypo is treated is extra calories. With fewer hypos
(please continue to treat them!!!) that means fewer calories = weight loss.

People go to Weight Watchers to learn their lessens.