[IP] glasses?

My mom was telling me she has heard around the grapevine that some company
is giving away free prescription eye glasses so that they can test out their
new lenses.  Apparently you mail your prescription and they give you
glasses, and you have to answer surveys or whatever and every so often send
them the glasses for testing.  Of course she has no idea what company or any
of the important details.  So has anyone heard of this and if so how can I
find out more?  It will be another 6 months before I am eligible for eye
insurance and of course the pooch has eaten my glasses.