[IP] nocturnal hypoglycemia

From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP]Seriousness of low blood sugars in children

Hi all. Have an important question.  I have a 2 1/2 yr.old with diabetes.  I
have heard from others that there have been some people with diabetes that
have died in the night due to low blood sugars.  Is this true?  I check my son
ever 2-4 hrs. through the night because I am so paranoid.

Krista, Mom to Anthony 2 1/2, Dx'd 8/25/02, Pumping Animas 8/03, MM 4/03
basal rate properly found, checking the bg twice a night is generally ernough.
yes, hypoglycemia can cause brain damage  just as inadaquate oxygen can do the
same. if you find wide fluctuations in the observed bg levels from the
expected one, redo the nocturnal basal rates. ,spot