Re: [IP] Animas "taking advantage" of MM

On 3 Oct 2003 at 15:02, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  I noticed today that Animas is certainly taking advantage of MM's
>  water-tight woes with the Paradigm. Go to their main webpage
>  (www.animascorp.com) and the FIRST thing you see is a huge
>  advertisement that says:
>  "Make a splash! The IR 1000 pump can handle it! We took the test and passed
> -- Waterproof at 12 ft for 24 hours!"

 That's VERY interesting Ryan. When I went to their website it had a glass of
splashing out from the pump being dunked in it and it read:

"Our Insulin Pump Technology is about to Make a Big Splash"

>  This is certainly smart on Animas' part, eh? The funny thing is, MM took the
> test and passed as well...and look where it got them!  ;-) Now that Animas
> is trying to "steal" sales with this type of advertising, they had REALLY
> better hope the same thing doesn't happen to them!

 Interesting thing is that the web page above was written in March of 2000. So
Animas has
been "stealing" sales from MMM for a llllooooonnnnnggg time!        ;>)

> Anyhow, just found this interesting, so I thought I'd share.
> Ryan

Me too!