[IP] blood donations and insulin produced from animals/Mad Cow Disease

I have ordered my Cozmo pump, am just waiting to hear from the
third-party vendor which my insurance company has a contract regarding
the details.  The more I read via this group, I am more excited and sure
of my decision.  Thanks!

Now on to my question, I made a promise to myself to start giving blood
regularly and have been able to do so only once.  It was some production
even to get the one time done.  Apparently, the Carter Blood Care Center
and its chief medical officer have determined that they will not allow
any diabetics who have used insulin produced from cows.  They have
informed me that there is a risk of Mad Cow Disease and Lilly has/may
have used UK Cows to obtain their insulin in years past.    Does anyone
have any ideas on a way to allow diabetics to donate, if so desired.
Without those who donated in Arizona my mother would not have made it as
long as she did and I want to repay their kindness and help others.
Okay, I am done!

By the way, I have contacted Lilly and have been told there is no
documentation available for the general public regarding where they
obtained their animal insulin in years past.  They have told me that the
doctors are the one who call in to obtain this information.   Why am I
getting the run around.......

Becky Fischer - Waiting on my Cozmo Pump!