Re: [IP] dawn phenomenon question

 First, are you certain that he is experiencing a strong rise before waking? For
many (including myself) my BG shoots up the MOMENT I wake up. I did this test:
As soon as I open my eyes, test my BGL. Test again 15 minutes later. I have seen
as much as a 40 mg/dL rise in that 15 minutes!

 But, this dawn phenomenon is likely to stay with him, though I'm sure it will
continue to change. Anyhow, increase his basal rate on the pump starting 2 hours
before he normally wakes up. For me, my basal rate for this time period is TWICE
my rate for the rest of the night.

 And, you can count on this changing over the years. :-) I doubt, however, it
will be so sudden that what worked one day will just all of sudden stop the