[IP] Wearing pump under a dress

I am trying to figure out how to wear a pump under a knee length dress.
I use the leg-thingy for long dresses and it works fine, but I have my
doubts that the thigh-thingy would stay up.  Has anyone used the half
slip with pump pocket or the cami sold by PumpWear?  Where are the
pockets on those garments?  The illustrations aren't that helpful.
PumpWear has a garter with pocket attached, rather like the chickster.
Do those stay up or does the weight of the pump tend to turn them into
ankle bracelets?

Thanks much for any feedback

Diane Richards
Mankato, MN