Re: [IP] Cereal May Trigger Type 1 Diabetes (news article)

 --- On Wed 10/01, cyndy tengesdal < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: cyndy tengesdal [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:07:09 -0400Subject: Re: [IP]
Cereal May Trigger Type 1 Diabetes (news article)I disagree with this study.All
of my children ate cereal at around the same time. Of the 4 only Benhas
diabetes.There is another study about breastfeeding and the added benefit.
Bennursed the oldest. I won't say how long but lets just say it was way
longerthan 6 months.I think this study is squed. Part of it goes again
recommendation fromother sources.Why is there such a short window to introduce
 Cyndy, I just saw the article listed on two places, one being WebMD (which was
the only place that listed the source of the article) so I thought I would pass
it along as interesting information. Since I am also the parent of a type I,
altho not the biological one) I read this article with interest and showed it to
my husband. Why one of his daughters is a type I and the other isn't? We don't
know. But then again, why is one of my uncles a type II and my father and the
other two uncles not, when we know type II runs thru the family? I think it has
something to do with genetics. Maybe Pam, my stepdaughter who isn't a type I
didn't have the right makeup to be a type I...now this is ALL speculation. I
have absolutely no basis for any of this. But I will keep looking for articles
that may some day answer that question. And if y'all don't want to see those
articles, just let me know and I will be glad to NOT pass them along. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com