Re: [IP] How often do you replace your meter?

Hi Cyndy,

> I was told that a meter should be replaced every 6 to 12 months if
> you are using it as much as we are. 8 and up times a day.

I don't know who told you that, but they're mistaken. Meters generally
last for years, even when used "8 and up times a day". In fact, the
OneTouch brand meters I've owned have come with *warranties* much
longer than 6-12 months:

* OneTouch Profile (U.S.A.) - 5-year standard warranty + 5
  additional years (10 years total) by checking a box on the
  registration card

* OneTouch Ultra (U.S.A.) - 3-year standard warranty + 3 additional
  years (6 years total) by checking a box on the registration card

* OneTouch Ultra (France) - 5-year standard warranty

If the manufacturer is ready to offer this kind of warranty, they must
believe that most meters are meant to go the distance. FYI, I've never
had a meter malfunction, so I've never needed to use the warranty. My
two OneTouch Profiles lasted six years before I traded them in for
Ultras. My two Ultras have been working without problems for two
years.

regards, Andy (who tests an average of 7 times/day)