RE: [IP] How often do you replace your meter?

 --- On Wed 10/01, cyndy tengesdal < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: cyndy tengesdal [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted, email @ redacted: Wed, 1 Oct 2003
13:47:48 -0400Subject: [IP] How often do you replace your meter?Yesterday the
meter I leave at school for Ben malfunctioned.I thought it was that someone had
pushed a code button. I fixed it yesterdayand left it there.At 10 am I got a
phone call saying it wouldn't work again.I was ill so Valmore took it to the
pharmacy and they replaced it.I was told that a meter should be replaced every 6
to 12 months if you areusing it as much as we are. 8 and up times a day.How
often do you replace yours?Cyndy,
 Cyndy, I don't know what brand meter you are talking about but I'm testing
anywhere from 6-10 times a day and one of my meters is over 3 years old. The
back up meter is only 2 years old but it gets far less wear cause it is in my
purse and I stay at home most of the time. Both of mine are Lifescan Ultra's.
The one that is oldest was one of the newest at the time. I think I still have
my Profile as well and the only reason it doesn't work is that I don't have
usable strips. The ONLY reason I swapped to the Ultra was that I have tremors
and the CDE gave me the Ultra as a way to avoid having to deal with the *hanging
drop*. Now, I won't give up my Ultra unless it's for a Ultra Smart.
 So I guess my answer is, no I don't change meters unless I see a need to, such
as them dying or my leaving on vacation without one (that's how I ended up with
the 2nd Ultra) or if I am given one. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com