[IP] Refurbished pumps and MiniMed Service

Oh what an evening I have had. My Paradigm flipped out and died tonight. I
called minimed immediately and I didn't have to wait to be triaged. The
technician called me back in less than 10 min. Deborah was wonderful. Turns
out there is something wrong with the battery and instead of me spending the
entire night fooling around with it we both felt I was better off getting a
replacement. After the recent thread about refurbished pumps I was skeptical.
When I voiced my concern she told me that the only part of the refurbished
pump that was old was the motor. The serial number is connected to the motor.
Every refurbished pump goes through the same testing that all new pumps go
through. She said that because of government regulations they must closely
look at each pump and fix whatever is wrong with them. MiniMed makes a point
of exceeding the standards that the FDA sets. We then talked about costumer
service. She told me that they have been training new people. The training
takes 3 months. When I got off the phone I hung up with a sense that MiniMed
is working hard to help their customers. I understand that there are many
people who have not had such a good experience with MiniMed, but I just
wanted to share the positive experience I had in a bad situation.

Adriana, who is dreading going back to shots until noon on Saturday, dxd
11/1/88 pumping 1992 mm 506/507