Re: [IP] Insulin start date!!

In a message dated 10/31/02 10:11:01 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  Just a suggestion...read PUMPING INSULIN book, figure out your starting
> basal rates, plug in LIVE with insulin and get yourself started!  There is
> no
> reason why you should be made to wait, just because someone else, who
> probably does NOT have diabetes has decided to play God with your life and
> told  you that you have to wait.  There are MANY here on this list that
> chose
> NOT to wait and went ahead a got themselves started.  If you have your
> pump,
> if you have read the manual and watched the video, if you have read the PI
> book and you have asked this list all your questions then there is no
> reason
> why you should have to wait.  Just DO IT!!!!!!

this is definitely just my opinion...but I would strongly suggest you NOT do
this.....sometimes it is tricky to get basals right and your endo could drop
you as a patient...if there are plenty in your area I guess that doesn't
matter...plus, I would be very worried about your safety....again JMO
now ten!