[IP] Paradigm E21 Error

About two weeks ago. . . maybe, I don't recall.  I had the similar experience.  I had replaced the battery the night before.  They indicated that the error pointed to a battery problem.  This was the first time that I had used this brand of battery (ie. cheap), and so, I won't use that brand anymore.  My main goal at the time was to get it to start up fast, and Minimed was fairly efficient in that regard.  I tend not to get upset about something that (1) happens only once, and (2) doesn't hurt me.  It helped me recognize what I need in such emergencies.