[IP] Camping/hiking

I was wondering if anyone on the list has gone camping while on the
I'm going (to the Sipsey Wilderness Area in north Alabama--absolutely
beautiful) next weekend, and I know that I'll have to reduce my basals
all of that.  But I was wondering about where I could put my
infusion site so that it won't get pulled out or rubbed by the hipbelt
of my
pack.  I don't seem to have enough real estate on my abdomen to manage
there, so I'm planning on putting it in the upper buttocks--but the
going to hit that some, too.  Also, has anyone changed a site out in the
woods?  It's probably going to be cold, and I will definitely be dirty.

- --Robert Page

 I go camping alot with my pump. I live in central Alaska and it is
something that seems to go with the territory. I put my infusion site on
my upper thigh and this takes care of the rubbing problem. I also carry
some of the no water needed hand cleaner and lots of alcohol swabs. This
takes care of the dirt problem. Have fun!!!

Karen in North Pole, Alaska
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996