Re: [IP] average monthly costs of being on a pump

> My MM rep said that estimated yearly supplies cost $2800 CAD.  I don't
know yet as I am just starting but that price is for infusion sets,
reservoirs, and I think IV prep pads.
> Silhouettes are 19.50 each - or $16.00 if you reuse tubing once.  and
reservoirs are 4.15 each
> This is canadian prices though.

i worked out my monthly cost right now - including insulin, iv prep's,
alcohol swabs, and test strips, as well as pump supplies - to be about
$480-500(canadian)/month.  i get the paradigm quick-sets which are $196.50
for a box of 10.  Reservoirs are $83.00 for a box of 20.  the monthly cost
is pretty high mostly because of the test strips - $100/box of 100.  i'm
having to use a lot of strips right now cause i'm new on the pump.

liz - ottawa, expecting snow this evening.