Re: [IP] possible remedy for neuropathy pain

I have been on and off of neurontin.  I was on 600 mg at bedtime, and it
let me sleep a little better, but that dosage didn't do anything during
the day, because it only lasts for 12 hours.  I had been on 300 mg 3
times a day, but that dose was so low, I couldn't tell that it did
anything.  I am now on 800 mg 3 times a day.  If you go on this dosage,
don't be surprised if you feel drunk a lot of the time.  The literature
says that that experience happens to many people.  I don't experience
any shooting pains from my feet when I am taking that much, but the
"drunkenness is disconcerting.  Good luck.  Also, if you don't know, it
is about $250 a month for 90   800 mg pills one month prescription from
Walgreens.  Get all of the samples you can before you buy it.  I think I
am going to try 600 mg three times a day if the neuroligist goes along
with it.

Bob from the heart of Illinois...somewhere in the USA

>>> email @ redacted 2:42:49 PM 10/31/02 >>>
Joe,

Please tel me about your Neurontin experience.  I started to suffer
from
hellish back pain in the morning around January. Percocet worked really

well...but they didnt want to create an addict :(

Last few months, I've been taking Amitryptolene, and that has worked
ok, but I
feel really drowsy in the AM.

My endo said that neurontin would probably be more effective, but that
I would
have to take it 3x/day (possibly 2x if I was lucky).