From: Robert Page [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:58 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Camping/hiking

I was wondering if anyone on the list has gone camping while on the pump.
I'm going (to the Sipsey Wilderness Area in north Alabama--absolutely
beautiful) next weekend, and I know that I'll have to reduce my basals and
all of that.  But I was wondering about where I could put my (silhouette)
infusion site so that it won't get pulled out or rubbed by the hipbelt of my
pack.  I don't seem to have enough real estate on my abdomen to manage it
there, so I'm planning on putting it in the upper buttocks--but the pack's
going to hit that some, too.  Also, has anyone changed a site out in the
woods?  It's probably going to be cold, and I will definitely be dirty.  Any

--Robert Page