[IP] Question on Stomach infusion set placement and Veins

I am having a problem hitting veins when I insert my infusion set into my
stomach area. It only happens on the right side of my stomach. I have been
using my left side now, but it is starting to look like a war zone. I go
through about 8 sets a week, as I always know when I hit a vein (because it
hurts like the dickens). I immediately extract the infusion set and start
bleeding like crazy. I get about 2 good sets a week that last my standard 3
days. I am tempted to leave the good sets in for longer than 3 days, although
my Dr. frowns upon that.

Anyone have any suggestions or info on how not to hit veins when inserting an
infusion set?