Re: [IP] Regular insulin

> For those unaware, an Rx is not needed for any insulin other than the 3
> analogs: Lantus, Novolog, Humalog. Regular is about $20 a vial. If away
> home and cannot get one of the three named, Regular can be obtained at any
> pharmacy - in case anyone is ever in a pinch. Remember, Regular is insulin
> without any additives to prolong its timing. Sort of like Unleaded Regular
> gasoline. ;)

up here in ontario, i haven't needed a prescription to buy any of my
insulins, including novolog (or as on my bottle, novorapid).   then again, i
didn't need a prescription to buy my pump or supplies (would have needed
doctor's signature if i was going through an insurance company to buy the
pump), or my syringes when i injected.  i buy my insulin directly - sans
prescription - because the insurance won't cover more than a couple bucks of
the filling fee, plus, why bother paying the filling fee if i don't have to.

liz  - ottawa, getting chilly