Re: [IP] Site change

hi summer,

having wet tape around the site after you bolus means that the cannula has somehow come out of
your skin and the pump is now pumping onto instead of into you. when this happens, you just have
to change the site, that's all.
also if your site is itching it probably means that your cannula came out and is poking you. this
has happened to me a couple of times before. even though you are only on saline, go ahead and
change; it's good practice.
in the future, if your site ever itches and you are sure that the cannula did not come out, it
couls mean one of a couple of things:
1. if the site's been in for a while, like a couple of days, it means that it's time to change. i
stretch my sites out to match with the lifespan of the cartridge (5 days) but sometimes my body
just gets tired of the site and then it starts to itch.
2. if you just put the site in, you might have hit a "nervy" spot in your skin or a small blood
vessel. sometimes the itch goes away after a day or so of "insulin burn", sometimes not. if the
site is working (as reflected by your sugars), it's up to you whether or not to suck it up and
leave the site in.
3. your clothing could be rubbing against the site. try to avoid inserting near buttons,
zippers,and waistbands.

that's about all i've got for now. hope this helps!

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now