RE:[IP] Need some ideas

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:03:12 -0800
From: "Melissa" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Need some ideas

Hi Melissa,
My daughter Cara, had the same problem about that age. She is almost 17 now,
but for a year I watched her A1C's go up from 6.4 to over 10! That was with
checking 4-5 times a day and getting good numbers. Finally, we went back to
testing on arising, right before, and two hours after every meal, and at 2AM.
We found that for the most part, her BG would rise very high 2 hours after
breakfast and drift down to normal before lunch. It was that growth hormone,
pre menstrual cycle thing and it did settle down after she started her
periods. We also had to raise her basal doses to about 1u/hr and her bolus
dose too. You just need to keep on top of it awhile with frequent testing and
adjusting and hopefully the levels will settle down soon. BTW, I went to her
endo who said he knew we were doing everything and just told us to stick to
what we were doing!
Hang in there and good luck. I know how frustrating it can be!

Mom to Cara, age 16
type 1 since 2/97
pumping since 3/98 and ready for a new one!....what about that Cozmo guys!