[IP] Re: Need some ideas

From: "Melissa" <email @ redacted>
>>>  My daughter Kristina is 12 now and has
had diabetes since she was 6 months old. <snip> I can't get Kristina's blood
sugars under control!  Most of them are very high.  Some are  just human
error but a lot of them lately are for no reason that I can see.  Her basal
rates are .8 and .9 throughout the day and she's getting anywhere between 40
and 50
units a day in insulin.  The other day I was very aggressive at getting
those blood sugars
down that she ended up taking 64 units in one day!  Isn't that incredibly
high???  <snip> Melissa >>>

I dunno if I'm beating Michael to this reply or not, but I can hear him
writing -

heh heh heh - it's her hormones and puberty kicking in. At one time Lilly
was taking 90(?) units a day and it will level off after a while. It's just
a matter of growing up. ;)

Age seldom arrives smoothly or quickly, it is more often a succession of