Re: [IP] Re: stable absorption rates

Exercise is known to make skeletal muscles more efficient in using
insulin--takes less insulin to move a given amount of glucose in.
This effect can last for several hours after the exercise is
finished.  this is probably the more important reason, but variable
absorption can occur as well.  I don't know of any studies that have
documented this, though.  But I still use it as an excuse anyway :)

<<<<<<<From: email @ redacted
I also found with my little girl, that her injected insulin did not always
"work" if she was just lazing around the house.  Exercise definately was
needed.  Now with the pump, a bolus usually works very rapidly, but we still
have a fair bit of variation.  For example she has the same snack, same
bolus,   at the same time every school day.  When I check her bgs at lunch
they can vary quite a bit day to day, but they even out without any
correction bolus by later in the afternoon.   Also, with vigorous exercise,
insulin will work "harder" on her, even now with the pump.  To counteract
this I give less insulin per carbs she is eating.  She always is eating.  I
think a pump would probably help you, too.>>>>>>>>>>