[IP] RE: [4rKids] say hello to my little pumper

From: email @ redacted
>>>   We did hourly/bi-hourly injections of humalog for 20 hours till the
first loaner arrived (didn't want to reintro Lantus into his system).    >>>

I like Michael's suggestion of using Regular insulin or Velosulin (Novo's
regular), every 4-5 hours replacing the missing basal for that time.
Multiply the normal basal for that period and that's the amount of
injection. The reg/V lasts a bit long reducing the number of injections.
Humalog would be used for normal carb bolusing.

Diabetes does not mean limiting yourself, it means monitoring yourself ~
Cindy Lattimer, IPer