Re: [IP] RE: [4rKids] say hello to my little pumper

> We told her that if she doesn't mess with it and leaves the pump alone
> then next week we would burn her needles. She is really excited about the
> needle bonfire!

Though a needle bonfire sounds like a therapeutic idea,  you need to think
of something else  :(      I understand how you are feeling dealing with a
little one with DM.   My son had just turned 3 only 3 weeks before the day
we were hospitalized for DM.    We did LOTS of bribing/promises for a while!

However,  you'll still need to keep those syringes handy for the occasional
injection for unexplained highs (we bolus for the first high,  but then
for a continued high),  plus for possible times when you feel the need to
remove the pump for the day for an activity (in case it's not waterproof,

And we are proof positive,  that no matter how great your pump is,  or how
well its working,  you never know when pump failure might occur.

Our first pump 2/15/02 was a MM508.   After about 4 months, we sent it
in for repairs for a bent driver arm that was causing bubbles.   Luckily,
we kept it till the loaner arrived.    Then 8/16 we got our new Paradigm
which we loved till it got sick and died on 10/2.     We did hourly/bi-hourly
injections of humalog for 20 hours till the first loaner arrived (didn't want
reintro Lantus into his system).     Unfortunately,  this loaner must have
been from the first lot of Paradigms that had some glitches in them.   It
lasted 2 weeks, then started alarming for no reason.   It lasted till the
loaner arrived next day,  then the loaner skipped the 2nd half of two
square waves and then froze up hours after its loaner arrived.    NOW,
that loaner froze over the weekend and we just finished 20 hours of
injections till the loaner's loaner's loaner arrived.    I'll actually be
to get back the original soon.......................

Fenton, MO