Re: [IP] stable absorption rates

> I'm still considering the pump, (My Endo doesn't seem
> to think it's necessary),

Wellllllll, He ain't dealin' wit' the DM hissef, is he? I betcha!! Make out
a list of your entire requirements for the day: tests and when, shots and
when with scale figuring, count carbs, test for ketones (when nec.), any
meds you need to take, check feet daily, read all labels for carbs, sodium,

Make the list chronologically - not cropped as in 6 BGs, but list them in
order as you have them done. Now, print this up and hand it to him/her your
next visit. Ask (or *tell*) him/her to follow this regimen until your next
appointment. Then ask how s/he coped. It will be more, but different, work
on a pump and worth the effort and a freer lifestyle. Compliance on your
endo's part may be in your favor. Keep at it. Pumping is (for most) the Gold
Standard of DM care at the present time.

Jan (63 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)

We can live with the word *incurable*, but we cannot live without the word