Re: [IP] Re: Nightmares and Lows

I too wake up when on low side.
Sometimes void then test.  In past, have tested at 32.  eat 1-3 glucose tabs,
drink milk, eat anything handy, counting carbs so after I feel alive and
retest, I bolus for at least 1/2 the carbs.  This usually happens about
If I had missed bedtime Niaspan 1000 the night before, taken it at bedtime
that night, is when I do expect a low, sometimes stay awake for it!
I never could sleep on an empty stomach.
Linda K (Type 2 insulin insufficient)