Re: [IP] Thallium stress test tomorrow

Susan, not to worry.  You won't have to remove your pump, because the
radioactivity will be injected in your vein.  No x-rays.
  The exercise won't last more than 15 min.  They run you till your
heart rate reaches some predicted level, or until you fall off :-)
Most people don't last more than 12 min.  Then you lie down quietly
in the scanner for maybe half an hour, and they try to keep you from
falling asleep.  Boredom is the only thing to worry about.
p.s. you may not glow, but your pee will ;-)

<<<<<<<Quick question. Do I have to remove my pump when they take the x rays or
just put it behind a shield? Better safe than sorry I guess. I hear that the
treadmill is at one end of the hospital and the nuclear medicine clinic is
at the other end, so that I am in for a hair- raising wheel chair run. The
exercise will lower my BS and the stress will raise it so everything should
balance out.:) Maybe I should disconnect before getting on the treadmill.
Anyone know how long you have to walk on it? I admit I am scared.
Susan who figures she'll be glowing in the dark for Halloween, already the
shape of a pumpkin! >>>>>>>>>