From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 11:37 PM
Subject: [IP] could they at least!!!

In a message dated 10/28/2002 11:11:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> did they take that out???>>>
>
> ummmmm - that was a prototype. Ain't happened yet. Besides, that pump was
> the size of a backpack. People complain about the 3/4" stack of
> business-card sized pumps now. I sure don't want a backpack
> pump. YMMV

  yes i definitely dont want a backpack for a pump, but it doesnt
necessarily have to be integrated in the pump.."they" can come up with some
other kind of implanted medical device/sensor which senses when the blood
sugar is at a low level and then fixes the prob by cutting off insulin
supply and somehow releasing glucose..

 i honestly dont think, in this day and age, that this should be difficult
to develop at all...and i dont understand why this hasnt been done at all,
considering how many diabetics have hypo unawareness, where this would
literally be a LIFE SAVER....cant this be a band aid that one of the pump
companies come up with...geesh, at least make living with this bloody
disease easier if you're not gonna cure it altogether!!

   just my thoughts... :) bas