Re: : [IP] Pump training

<<From: email @ redacted
I was wondering how any of you were given training/classes to get ready or
start the pump>>

Cory's pump arrived in mid Dec so no new training classes were going to be
scheduled until after the holidays.  He was instructed to watch the video and
practice  doing everything --   WITHOUT --- actually attaching the pump to
himself.  He also had to go over all the written material and answer the
questions.  When he went to his pump training, he met with a MiniMed trainer
and she reviewed everything with him.  Then she got the information from the
doctor on how much insulin was needed and when.  Next Cory inserted his new
site and went to lunch.  After lunch he went back to the meeting with the
trainer and he had to put in a temp basal and have a snack.  He had bolused
perfectly for his meal but he still had enough of the old long acting insulin
on board that he was going too low.  After that we were out of there.  So his
actual training time with a trainer was about 1/2 a day.  It was a private
one to one training session.  Just Cory and us.  He has done great too.  No
additional training was needed.  It really is not hard to learn how to
operate these pumps.